Apr 24, 2016

What Does God Say You Are & Why It Matters... :)



There is a quote I read in my devotionals today that said...

“Be more concerned with what God thinks about you than what people think about you”

 And when I read it I knew I was going to have one of those days! Your valued to God as a Princess or Prince. Was up early drinking my coffee as usual. Cinnamon dark coffee + cinnamon creamer. (Yummy!)

And as I read about a story of a person mentioning one hour is only 4% of a day I was interested in knowing more about it. It’s a story of a woman putting more effort into prayer time by applying 4% of her time when she heard someone talk about this subject. She was determined to try it! Kinda reminds me of my recent 21 day blog challenge I was so determined to complete! Done! 

Rather than trying to fit prayer into her schedule she decided to “fix” a prayer time, and then “fit” the rest of her day around it. Her kids were old enough to travel to school alone and by 8:30 a.m. each morning her house was quiet as a mouse.  A hush fell over her home. She knew this was her best prayer time. To guard antee she was uninterrupted, she made it knows to the ladies in her group that except emergencies, she would be greatful if people didn’t call her until after 9:00 a.m. in the morning.

To her surprise no one was offended instead they responded very positively. Several other women began to follow her example by setting aside the same hour to pray every day.

When we seek God’s plan first, all our plans with other people will have a way of falling into place. 

And so I ask when we have standards and confidence in ourselves by setting priorities as to what we have time for and what we don’t…. people will respect us for it and therefore we will be successful knowing it was a win/win.

This devotional helped me to understand my day even further. I wasn’t expecting to have a breakthrough day but I did! Some reality checks were hard to swallow however it was for the good. It’s difficult  to notice anything bad turning good but you must be able to discern this as that is when you become wise and follow your “gut” and not what others think or believe you should do.

My day started out productive and started by setting priorities. I may not have kids but sometimes it just feels that way. Being the oldest child comes with responsibilities even after your 21 however little by little step by step I’m releasing old responsibilities that I shouldn’t have. Some may think it’s selfish but in reality it’s not. It’s selfish not to self-care yourself.

So I had a family meeting and I’m laying down the cards on the table.  I will do this and that and release this and that. It felt pretty good saying it as it was soo unexpected of others to hear. What made me say this? Well, there comes a time when you have to put yourself first and leave responsibilities to others. I have to remind myself I’m not “Cammy” You know the cartoon character of streetfighter! (video games) Yak!

And so after headed to the ER because I needed to get checked what was up with my Gut! It’s been acting up for the past 3 days and the pain persists and won’t go away. It just totally screwed me up. I was this different person. A person lacking energy, yawning a lot, gaining weight. I looked in the mirror and said “What is going on Laura?” This is not you! See we all have intuition to discern when we are at our best and when we are not and I sure haven’t been feeling great. And so I kick rocks! (literately)

I had several tests run on me such as a pregnancy test (really?)  they insisted and according to the triage nurse. What revealed was the culprit of my laziness, weight gain and pain was found in an ultra sound. It hurted as she rubbed my stomach with gel and a computer handle joystick and said Crap! looking at the computer myself and watch her take notes.

So, I have gallstones! 3 small ones that are still. Not moving anywhere they are just sitting there however they can grow in size and move around if I don’t care for my body and therefore a change of LIFESTYLE is expected of me. The thought of becoming vegan came to mind as that is when I was at my healthiest and my gut was regular, my skin was glowing, hair was shiny and felt energized.

The fact of knowing you have rocks in your tummy is just so wrong in many ways and not healthy. I’ve known lots of people that have had these rocks removed successfully. In and out they are out of the hospital however one sad case I also know of a surgery going totally wrong! My cousin’s wife died and had a painful journey in the hospital due to being botched to remove the rocks. I don’t even want to think of it as thoughts are things and remaining positive about my outcome when I get surgery however need to do my diligence and not go based on their advice. Apparently I should go to a county hospital and get in line to see when surgeon is available. There is a waiting list as they only do surgeries to people with big insurance companies well known that will qualify them to use their hospital.  This is why it's soo important to have really good insurance! 

I've decided not to follow that advice and research a more experienced hospital with non med students performing surgeries even though it's not a big deal of a surgery but anything can go wrong and I'm not putting my body in the hands on non-experienced MD's. 

For some reason though I was not feeling too comfortable after I met several nurses and I wouldn’t want to stay overnight. One had an opinion about my birth date and would I of been born an earlier day in March I probably would have been treated very different and this is a catholic hospital? Should I feel lucky I was a late march baby? The energy that day was soo off... thank God no surgery was performed I probably wouldn't be writing this blog! Whew!! I don’t know but that’s the day I was born the day God breathed in me and blessed me with talents. It was just soo unexpected to hear comments like Whew! Good thing you’re a late one! One thing came to mind…. Weirdoooos! 

And this is why I write this blog because it’s not what people see you as when it comes who you are due to your birth date. I can go more further on this subject as it goes really deep but I won’t. You can’t be opinionated on someone’s birth date just because. Everyone is different and not all the same based on birthdays. 

So, I end this blog with the thought of listening to what God says about YOU not what others say because if you knew what God says you would be smiling like I am :) See, I know I am a child of God and he sees me as his precious princess just as any father would feel for his kid. When kids get hurt, in pain the father rescues the kid well the same goes to our heavenly father. 


 Cheers to MILES stones! :)




No comments: