Apr 7, 2016

Make Your Opportunities A Reality












Merriam-Webster defines the word: "OPPORTUNITY" as a good chance for advancement or progress. 

When  I hear of opportunities to me it just means an opportune time to make something a reality however it doesn't always pan out that way. Truth is you need to align yourself with people who want to see you succeed!  We often hear lots of opportunities... yet you need to do your diligence and research or you can be a risk-taker and not be afraid of the circumstance but make that leap!

I've ventured in several opportunities and from my previous blog posts I'm here to say I have not been a millionaire just yet. It does take determination, perseverance and integrity. Don’t be a one hit-wonder otherwise other will want to be one as well. We are here to set examples of who we are. It's our responsibility to let others know truth is this is what is required:

  1. Investment needed
  2. Social Media tools / guidance / branding 
  3. Hours applied
  4. Skills set
  5. Mentorship needed


Upon taking a leadership/coaching class I was clueless as to what I just signed up for!  I am a life- long learner (student for life) and a risk-taker and have leaped into several businesses and don't regret not one of them. They've all taught me something it's called Growth. When I encountered the opportunity that would change my life it didn't come in a gift with a big giant red bow. It came disguised as an obstacle.

And so I think are we able to discern an opportunity when it's concealed as an obstacle?

Many times we go for the easy route and decline opportunities that seem hard. The way I see opportunities is that no matter where you go, what you do there will be challenges you will need to encounter. What's easy is sleazy. (As I've heard Leaders quote this awesome quote!)

I had just left my 1st networking marketing company as many changes were happening with the company and felt it was in my best interest to do something else. I also was not passionate about the service and had to be real. Being that I am a volunteer for The City Of San Pedro and was volunteering at the local mental health center a couple of hours was recommended to work for the city.

Upon recommendation from Doctors at the clinic was asked If I'd be interested in taking credits for a course in which I can use the education to apply for the city job. I needed a job and therefore it wouldn't hurt to get some education.  I received lots of breakthroughs not only was I learning about myself but also learning about the brain, depression, anxiety and mindsets. The class was taught by Harvard PHD's and was fascinated in learning more. To say the least I learned what I needed to learn and mastered the logic that I once heard a Successful Leader say "When a woman has mastered logic, men and done".

See in order to influence women, it's not through logic, it's through the heart. In order to influence men it's through logic. And when women have mastered the logic, more women can take over leaderboard room meetings, speaking venues and make hard choices. Our emotions can lead us astray and can be very deceiving. You decide! 

Everytime we use see a male receiving lots of attention  from the opposite sex it's because they use their heart. And males who are philosophical, who teach, who are worldly-known (think attorneys, engineers, professors,  architects) use their brain. I'd like to think of myself as both but can be a little more logical as I question everything. My curiosity get me everytime! 

In order to find a solution... Key is asking a question. Your brain will answer.

I didn't plan to become a Life Coach. It was not in my radar. As a matter of fact upon graduation I couldn't even get in the door to get hired at the clinic. I can still volunteer but not have a city job as additional education was required. Another year of clinical school besides a college degree. I was not too excited of having a job as I had just left a business working from home in which I had control of. I was making the decisions not a boss.

So, because I didn't get the job a light bulb appeared and decided to take it online because that is where all the eyeballs are at and to be an Enterpreneur you must find the need and fill it. Many people suffer from depression and often take medicine and although I am not a PHD I do believe it's all about mindset. Mindset is just a "SET-MIND" 

This is how I birth my career as a Life Coach unexpectedly. Through a connection that lead to nowhere after I graduated however it was a blessing in disguise. See we don't know where God will lead us. We may see it as an obstacle however what it has taught me was the necessary skills needed to dive in the infested water of sharks. Forewarn is forearmed. Am I able to use it for business? Definitely.  Do I need to use it? No. My services are not for intimidation purposes. It's simply to help people overcome their addictions, problems, mindsets ect….

As I end this blog think of opportunities as blessings in disguise.  Are some risky? Yes. Are you guarantee to succeed? Of course not. Can you succeed? Of course. Life is a risk itself but will it matter 10 years from now? No unless you become a wealthy person then it will be inspiring however if you didn't succeed your still a bad-ass as you don't think like everyone else. Your different.

To know more about my coaching services go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2LZJXXB and fill out questionnaire. Will contact you and we will go from there. 

Have a great day! :)



No comments: