Oct 29, 2016

Little Known Facts About Gratitude And Why They Matter


I started to go within and seek out questions about where my life is at this current moment and where it's been and I must say it's been a roller coaster of a ride!

This blog is simply to say THANK YOU! to the people that have supported me and continue to support me in my endeavors. I'm a "Solopreneur" and even though we get to work by ourselves and make our own choices how to go about our business I can't help but to thank each and everyone. It's through the amazing people we have in our lives that we feel we can climb heights! :)




A couple of years ago my life was very different and I have to pinch myself right now as we speak not because I have it all figured out or because I'm a Millionaire but because life would of went totally the opposite direction. When we are at our weakest is when we need God, our families, friends, neighbors, pets etc... in our lives to strengthen us.

This blog is to each and every person that has walked into my life and hold a special meaning in my heart. Every favor, assistance, helping hand, advice has been of great service to me. Strangers become friends and friends become family and it only gets better from here on out.



Thank your family, friends, acquaintances that have helped you be where you are at right now as a token of appreciation. I sincerely have heart for each and everyone.




I've said it before not many females would of made it this far however I do understand indeed I'm a strong female and the support is greatly appreciated.

I used to work as a longshoreman (woman) at the dangerous Ports Of Los Angeles/Long Beach for 10 years. I was blessed to not get hurt while I was working down there but I've seen many injuries and heard of heartbreaking injuries as well. 

And as I think what I've done to make good money $$$ I don't regret it. I was able to learn Leadership skills which is valuable in today's life. When I think about what I had to go through just to work out in the docks I shake my head. I must of really wanted that job really bad as I was willing to do anything to get in there. I was picked through a lottery pool drawing and just because you get chosen does not mean your in. You still have to go through rigorous testing and a written math test. Ugh math! (I passed though) :)

Talk about hunger games! 


Container lashing poles secured 


Never had I experienced anything quite like it. My body was not prepared for it and got injured as I thought I was ready for the test. Boy was I wrong! Had to train to pass the test and at that time had just arrived from Phoenix, AZ needed a job and money was something I lacked. I remember my family helping me in getting steel toe shoes to 20 lb heavy arm bell weights. I practiced daily to have enough upper strength to take the test. It really helped a lot but the test was still difficult.

Have you ever been criticized or someone not believing in you that you have what it takes to do a job? 

Well I remember as I was taking this rigorous test 2 powerful men in HQ were watching us and one said Oh, she is not going to do it! too slow!  We only had 13 minutes to hang ridiculous heavy bars a set of 10 I believe. Not sure the number as it's been a while but there were plenty of bars.

As soon as I heard the man say that something in me FIRED ME UP! and gave me the strength to go hard! In my mind I was saying Oh, I'll show you! It was soo weird as I haven't experienced anything like it. The body is amazing! When it's provoked it switches into survival mode! :) 

I proved them wrong and I passed the test and their face was priceless ha! :)  I still can't believe what I did but that's part of working for a blue-collar job that pays well. That has been the hardest thing I've ever done physically! There are some guys/men that couldn't pass the test but were able to re-take the test. It's all about physical endurance.

And so in order to achieve my goals which were to pass all 3 tests to be officially a casual longshoreman I had to have my family's support in which they did and I am very GREATFUL! :)

What are you Greatful for today? Did you overcome a challenge and had people cheering you on? 

Think about those things. It's in those times that we are thankful and greatful to be alive! :) 

Had it not been for my special people I would not be here writing this blog and for that I am full of Love. XOXO! 

With Much Love
Laura 
XO! 



1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Laura. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in watching people and inspiring them to be bold and courageous. It was interesting to go through your post on "Why gratitude Matter". Coming close to your blog post the question "What are you Grateful for today?Did you overcome a challenge and had people cheering you on"?. Those are very practical and pointing and must answered questions by every one. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar wankhede.